VINCI Energies continues expansion in Europe
3 July 2006 - Acquisitions - Germany
VINCI Energies, the VINCI subsidiary specialising in the design, installation and maintenance of electrical, thermal and communications systems, has completed 12 external growth operations since the beginning of 2006. Together, they total full-year revenue of €80 million, of which 60% generated outside France.
The operations were carried out in:
- France, where VINCI Energies acquired COTEB, MPE, EEP-SEDD, MCTI and Vaudey in the electricity segment for industry and the service sector, Héralys in the telephony segment and CN Assistance in solutions for industry;
- Germany, with the acquisition of Nohl Brandschutz, which operates in fire protection;
- Belgium, with Dynamic Equipment in telecommunications infrastructure and Promatic in industrial automation;
- Sweden, with RBS, a company with recognised expertise in the deployment of UMTS networks;
- the Netherlands, with Methec in industrial automation.
These acquisitions have further increased VINCI Energies’ footprint in Europe in all its activity sectors: infrastructure (power and transport), industry, the service sector and telecommunications.
They are part of the division’s growth strategy, which combines organic growth driven by improvements in the energy and telecommunications markets in Europe, with targeted external growth to flesh out its areas of expertise and enhance its local presence.
VINCI Energies generated revenue of €3.5 billion in 2005, including almost 30% outside France. The division has operations in 18 European countries through a network of 700 business units with over 27,000 employees.
VINCI is a global player in concessions and contracting, employing more than 222,000 peoplein nearly 120 countries. We design, finance, build and operate infrastructure and facilities that help improve daily life and mobility for all. Because we believe in all-round performance, above and beyond economic and financial results, we are committed to operating in an environmentally and socially responsible manner. And because our projects are in the public interest, we consider that reaching out to all our stakeholders and engaging in dialogue with them is essential in the conduct of our business activities. VINCI’s goal is to create long-term value for its customers, shareholders, employees, and partners and for society at large.