VINCI inaugurates Leonard:Paris, the open laboratory focused on the future of cities and infrastructure
7 June 2018 - 8:30 am - Events - France
- A new common home in the heart of Paris, open to all VINCI innovation partners – employees, startups, researchers and the public at large
- A gathering place and a working space epitomising VINCI’s innovation goals
- VINCI sets up Leonard, the Group foresight and innovation platform launched last summer, in the heart of the Arc of Innovation in eastern Paris
VINCI is today inaugurating the premises of Leonard:Paris, the new common home of the Group’s innovators, in the 12th arrondissement of Paris.
Leonard:Paris hosts the VINCI entities focused on transforming the Group’s markets and business activities and therefore brings together a one-of-a-kind cluster of the full range of expertise (scientific, urban, social, entrepreneurial) focusing on the major urban challenges:
- Leonard, the Group-wide programme dedicated to innovation, foresight and inventing the Group's future businesses, launched in July 2017.
- The Fabrique de la Cité (City Factory), the urban transition think tank set up at the initiative of the Group.
- The Fondation d’entreprise VINCI pour la Cité (VINCI Foundation for the Community) supports associative projects that provide lasting solutions favouring the social or professional integration of the poorest.
- The VINCI-ParisTech Chair in Eco-design of building complexes and infrastructure, the result of the partnership between VINCI and the graduate schools in engineering belonging to the Institut ParisTech.
Showcasing the Group’s expertise, Leonard:Paris is a space dedicated to coworking, meetings and discussions between VINCI employees and experts, entrepreneurs, local authorities, customers, partners, students, researchers and representatives of civil society.
Xavier Huillard, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of VINCI, said: “This impressive venue in the heart of the Arc of Innovation of eastern Paris, which has been superbly renovated by our teams, reflects the Group’s engagement and determination to project itself into the future.”
Located in Paris’s 12ème arrondissement, a seven-minute walk from the Gare de Lyon train station, Leonard:Paris already offers a 2,000 sq. metre floor area with 50 coworking spaces, creativity spaces, a café and a 150-seat conference space bathed in natural light from a skylight. An additional 3,000 sq. metres will soon be made available to startups and innovative projects.
To mark the occasion, Leonard:Paris will bring together the full range of major urban stakeholders for the Building Beyond Festival from 8 June to 19 July 2018, with 25 events open to the public and focused on the city of the future.
Technical fact sheet
Leonard:Paris – Bourgoin building
6 place du Colonel Bourgoin, 75012 Paris
5,000 sq. metre office complex in two connecting parts: a three-storey Skylight building and a six-storey Tower building.
Refurbishment of the complex in two phases by VINCI companies (VINCI Immobilier, VINCI Construction France, VINCI Energies):
- Phase 1: July 2017 – April 2018: 50 coworking spaces, 150-seat conference space
- Phase 2: May 2018 – January 2019: 200 workstations
Programme management: VINCI SA
Programme management representative: VINCI A
Programme management support: VINCI Immobilier, MADOPI
Project management: Artdesk (Phases 1 and 2), Premices and co (Phase 1)
Construction operations management: Artxbat (Phase 1), CSB Engineering (phase 2)
Design office: Atixis (technical), Ingérop (structure), Slam Acoustique (acoustics), Bureau Veritas (testing, inspection and HSE coordination), Catmedia (fire safety coordination), Adequat (diagnostics)
Technical and architectural works packages (Phase 1): DUMEZ (architectural works), VALENTIN (CVC), SDEL (CFO/CFA), Axians (audiovisual, IT), MBS (layout, joinery), OTHER DESIGN (furnishings)
Technical and architectural works packages (Phase 2): pending
Operation: VINCI Immobilier (property management), AXIANS (audiovisual, IT), VINCI Facilities – Arteis (multi-technical management), VINCI Facilities – Opal (hospitality management), C+Net (cleaning), Goron (security), Mahola (reception)
VINCI is a global player in concessions and contracting, employing more than 222,000 peoplein nearly 120 countries. We design, finance, build and operate infrastructure and facilities that help improve daily life and mobility for all. Because we believe in all-round performance, above and beyond economic and financial results, we are committed to operating in an environmentally and socially responsible manner. And because our projects are in the public interest, we consider that reaching out to all our stakeholders and engaging in dialogue with them is essential in the conduct of our business activities. VINCI’s goal is to create long-term value for its customers, shareholders, employees, and partners and for society at large.